Friday, December 6, 2013

Old Section of Sudbury Reservoir Trail

Today I spent my lunch hour at my regular portion of the Sudbury Reservoir Trail, which is between Middle Road and Deerfoot Road.  Today was misty, dark and grey, but during my break it was a mild 48 degrees.  The water was quiet.  I did see one Mute Swan (the banded one) and 3 Hooded Mergansers.

The trail itself was a little more active.  In addition to Blue Jays, Northern Cardinals and Dark-Eyed Juncos that refused to cooperate for photos, I saw:

Wild Turkeys

Song Sparrow (one of several)

American Tree Sparrow (one of four)

American Goldfinch (one of two)

After crossing Parkerville Road, heading west, I stumbled upon a berry buffet filled with American Robins and Cedar Waxwings.  

American Robin (prob. at least 30)

Cedar Waxwing (prob. at least 10)






The Cedar Waxwing is one of my favorite birds, so please forgive the number of photos.  I can't resist them!










No comments:

Post a Comment