Thursday, December 19, 2013

Keeping an Eye Out While Shopping

This time of year there are so many errands to run and Christmas shopping that needs to be done.   I would have liked to have gone searching for a Snowy Owl today, but I was so tired from two nights of insomnia that I just kept an eye to the sky while I was finishing up my shopping.

First, four Wild Turkeys flew across the road.  There was a nice wide breakdown lane, so I pulled over and watched a male showing off his fan to three females.


Once at the stores, I saw several flocks of European Starlings flying around from fruited tree to fruited tree.

At the next plaza, Ring-Billed Gulls were patrolling the parking lot, and I do admit to tossing a few bits of my sandwich out the window to bring them in closer.




No comments:

Post a Comment