Monday, September 9, 2013

Sherborn Butterflies

I decided to pass my lunch hour in Sherborn again, walking the power line trail.  It was cooler today (60s) and slightly overcast, so there was a lot less action and not a single Leonard's Skipper.

Eastern-Tailed Blue (worn)


Eastern Tailed Blue (fresh)

 Eastern Tailed Blue (face first)


Eastern-Tailed Blue (fresh)


Eastern-Tailed Blue (worn out!)

 Pearl Crescent (fresh)


 Pearl Crescent (worn out!)


 Common Green Darner (female)


 Clouded Sulphur


my first migrating warbler!

2 comments:

  1. The Eastern Tailed Blue is a gorgeous looking butterfly, particularly when fresh. It is lovely to see so many fresh butterflies (and the swallowtails, etc in your previous post) at this time of year. It has certainly turned to autumn here, with very few worn butterflies making what they can of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for butterfly season to come to a close! Autumn is a big adjustment for me!

      Delete