Saturday, March 10, 2012

Great Blue Herons

I had to go to Shoppers World for some craft supplies, and what should I see at this mall but two more turkeys!  I didn't take my camera to the mall!  On the way home, I saw that the Great Blue Herons had returned to the nesting spot in even greater numbers.  It looked like about 4 pairs were there, at least (hard to count while driving down the road).  

I spotted this little chickadee when I parked my car in the driveway at home (stopped to pick up my camera).  Looks like they may be setting up housekeeping in this old birdhouse.  Something widened the opening years ago.  I hope it's safe for them.


Here are the few photos I took of the Great Blue Herons before the homeowner came out and asked if he could help me.  I thought the house belonged to a men's organization, used only for meetings.  Whoops.  Guess I'll have to be happy with bird-watching (from a distance) and not photographing.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't give up with pictures of these birds. We don't see them here. I often wish I had taken my camera just everywhere I went.

    ReplyDelete