Friday, March 16, 2012

Ducks and Deer

It was rainy most of the day today, and I didn't get out for birding until after work.  It was still grey and sprinkling at times.  I headed down to the Sudbury River, and from the road I spotted a couple of mallard ducks standing near the waterfall.  I walked over to Marathon Park to take a closer look.


The surface of the water was like glass!


Skunk cabbage, an early sign of spring, was popping up in several places under the boardwalk in Marathon Park.


Next, I stopped at Wildwood Cemetery to see what I might find.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

White-tailed deer


2 comments:

  1. Those deer really like that cemetery don't they? I wonder if they sleep with the turkey.
    But I really like the duck photos, especially the ones by the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they really surprised me. I love the way those ducks reflected in the water!

      Delete