Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Back to BHCL

It's calling me, but the snow is still a problem.  I figure it varied between 8" and 18" deep, depending upon where I walked, but the snow was hardened enough that I could walk on the surface without sinking.  I used my microspikes to avoid slipping.  It's such a beautiful piece of land; I was glad to get a walk in there again!

As soon as I got out of the car, I heard the beautiful songs of a Song Sparrow and a Northern Cardinal.

Song Sparrow






 Eastern Bluebird

Norm!
Northern Mockingbird

Back at home, a Sharp-Shinned Hawk stopped to dine in front of my house.  I couldn't determine what it was eating from inside the house, but it certainly seemed to enjoy it.  If you are squeamish, please do not watch the video, or you will see stringy guts.








No comments:

Post a Comment