Monday, March 30, 2015

Ashland State Park

I needed a place to go where I wouldn't have to walk in the snow.  My back is a little tweaky at the moment, so paved roads seemed like a good idea.  And after yesterday's tease of a spring day, we were back to colder temps, gray skies and occasional snow flurries.  Ick.

I decided to walk the road into Ashland State Park.  I've never had much luck with nature at this location.  Such was the case again today.  I've also usually had bad luck with dogs jumping on me at this location.  That was the case again today...twice.



I couldn't tell if this was a sign of thawing or a sign of refreezing.  It was an interesting looking patch of ice in either case.



One of the abutters to the park was tapping their maple trees.

Meanwhile, back at home, I was thrilled to see the following.  I just need to know WHERE she is setting up housekeeping!  I have one bluebird nesting box, which didn't seem to be chosen by any birds yet.  So where is she taking these nesting materials?  I hope I can locate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment