Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sunrise and Moon Set

I watched the sun rise and the moon begin to set at Hopkinton State Park this morning.





I spent my lunch break at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land, where the trails are getting down to mud in many spots, but with quite a bit of packed ice still on the hills.  I used my Microspikes to be on the safe side.

I saw a nice variety of birds today, including:


  1. American Crow
  2. American Goldfinch
  3. Black-Capped Chickadee
  4. Blue Jay
  5. Dark-Eyed Junco
  6. Eastern Bluebird
  7. House Finch
  8. House Sparrow
  9. Mourning Dove
  10. Northern Cardinal
  11. Northern Flicker
  12. Northern Mockingbird
  13. Song Sparrow
  14. Tufted Titmouse
  15. Turkey Vulture


I also saw three rabbits, and one of them was frozen in place  (the other two were running through the underbrush).  I had stopped for birds and spotted it in my peripheral vision.



What could be better than an Eastern Bluebird sitting in the midst of budded maple tree branches against a blue sky backdrop?



No comments:

Post a Comment