Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tower Hill Botanic Garden

I stopped at Tower Hill Botanic Garden this afternoon, hoping I may find some monarchs among their flower gardens.  There were hardly any butterflies at all in the gardens.  Cabbage Whites were flitting around the vegetable garden.  A few Clouded Sulphurs and Cabbage Whites were in the meadow, but really, there was shockingly little butterfly activity.










poss. Pine Warbler 
Compared to the Yellow-Rumped Warbler below, this one had a bright yellow throat.

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

There were all kinds of birds in the trees around the parking lot.  It seemed as soon as I'd get my eyes on one, people would return to their car right under that particular tree and off they'd fly.  I just couldn't catch a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment