Friday, September 27, 2013

Lunch Break at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

I needed an aerobic walk today, so I chose Breakneck Hill Conservation Land which has good hills combined with good scenery.   The sun that was predicted to last all week did not really show itself today.  It looked like it could rain at any moment.   Mostly cloudy and low 60s.  Nice walking temperature, but not so good for butterflies.  I did see an Orange Sulphur, 2 Clouded Sulphurs, several Cabbage Whites and one lonely Eastern Tailed Blue.  Better results than yesterday!

Northern Mockingbird






Palm Warbler, a migrant

again

 Eastern-Tailed Blue (on my hike out)

Ditto (on my return - same location)

The remains of all that wonderful Queen Anne's Lace




And here are some signs of the coming Fall color around Breakneck Hill.








No comments:

Post a Comment