Sunday, September 1, 2013

40 Minutes of Sun

This holiday weekend, the weather has been horrible!  Today, especially.  Starting last night, we had thunder and lightning and heavy rain.  It's been a very dark day overall.

Do you consider the sun to be out when the sky is bright?  Or are actual shadows a requirement?  My husband and I actually got into an argument about whether or not the sky was gray or blue!  Then, I saw shadows and sunshine and ran for the door!

I drove over to the Massachusetts Horticultural Society at Elm Bank Reservation in Wellesley to see if any butterflies might come out with the sun.   I try to be very careful with my camera and avoid rapid temperature changes, but it did fog up today.  

  Zabulon Skipper

It was the only butterfly I saw at Elm Bank!


American Goldfinch (female)

Trying to find some beauty in the endless rain, rain, rain.....



 Red-Tailed Hawk

This hawk looked like it was trying to dry its wings out after the last heavy rainfall.  





 Kong Jr. Lime Vein Coleus


The dark clouds gathered again, and another heavy rain fell as I drove home.  It's still raining now.  UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment