Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Robin's Nest

I saw the greatest bird video today and wanted to share it with you.  Birds are amazing.

And, of course, I walked at BHCL again.  Twice!

These things caught my eye in the morning:


 Red-Winged Blackbird (female)

 Large Yellow Loosestrife (across from wetlands)

 Red Milkweed Beetle
(nom nom nom)

 Song Sparrow
doing his thing!

 Seven Spotted Lady Beetle

 Multiflora Rose
a pretty, but invasive species

These things caught my eye in the afternoon:

❤ Sulphur Cinquefoil 

Long-Jointed Beetle

Common Ringlet 

Indigo Bunting

 Little Wood Satyr

poss. Mourning Cloak caterpillar
(except I don't see the colored spots on top - only the feet)

Looks kind of like a crazy straw, doesn't it?
Grapevine tendril

After work, I drove through Wildwood Cemetery to see what I might find.  I got lucky because I found some robins feeding their babies!






No comments:

Post a Comment