Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Butterflies at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

The sun was starting to disappear behind some heavy clouds when I set out on my lunchtime walk through Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  There were no other cars in the parking lot, but I passed several other walkers from the nearby office park.

The butterflies were out in good numbers, and there were even some of the larger showy ones.  The light turned out to be great for photographing butterflies!

Little Wood Satyr (face first)

Spicebush Swallowtail
(the only big one that cooperated for a photo)

Common Ringlet

Eastern Tailed-Blue
Peek-a-boo!

Northern Cloudywing

European Skipper
on Sulphur Cinquefoil (one of my favorite flowers)

Little Wood Satyr
Love, love, love this photo!

 Indigo Bunting

I saw several Indigo Buntings today and heard a couple more that I didn't see.  This one was in the "H" section of the back meadow.  

Bobolink

The Bobolink male was singing his crazy song in the bottom of the "D" section of the meadows.  He was visible from the trail that crosses over to the forest from the pond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment