Monday, May 27, 2013

River Bend Farm

I wanted to go somewhere today that I don't usually have time to visit, so I drove over to Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor.    It was a beautiful morning, after so much rain and darkness the past two days.  Birds were singing all over the place, and butterflies were also showing up in the meadow!

Common Yellowthroat
singing his heart out right next to the parking lot


The Towpath



Baltimore Oriole


another Common Yellowthroat


Orchard Oriole
1st summer - male




Common Yellowthroat (!)
I don't get tired of this beautiful bird.  It's uncommonly beautiful!


Killdeer




Phlox

Ebony Jewelwing - female


Chippy


Great Blue Heron



Pearl Crescent on Little Bluet


possible Fragile Forktail Damselfly


Peck's Skipper on Little Bluet


Clouded Sulphur



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to go for a walk and what an amazing variety of birds and butterflies you saw. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick. It really was beautiful! I also saw two men bow-fishing there, which I had never seen before. I watched a very short while, but I guess the fish were not very active due to the cold nights this weekend.

      Delete