Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bobolinks at Chestnut Hill Farm

I am trying to make the best of this rainy weekend.  This morning, Joe B. posted an invitation to interested birders to come to Worcester to see the Hooded Warbler that has been hanging around his house the past couple of days, so I did.  I had one nice view of it, but my photos were no good.  Still, what a treat to see such a gorgeous bird again this year!  I also had a nice sighting of my first Blackpoll Warbler, a life bird.  Thanks, Joe!

After I had a coffee break at home, I noticed that there was a lull in the rain, so I thought I should take advantage of it and go to Chestnut Hill Farm in Southboro and take a quick walk for however long this lull lasts.  Well, it started raining before I even got to the farm.  UGH.  I walked anyway, and had a nice closeup of a Bobolink.  I also saw Baltimore Orioles, Eastern Phoebes, Barn Swallows, Red-Winged Blackbirds, a couple of hawks, and many Bobolinks.  I even saw a couple of female Bobolinks, which the males chased.  I did not get a photo of a female but will try again another day now that I know what to look for.















No comments:

Post a Comment