Friday, May 24, 2013

Lunch at Hopkinton State Park

The sky to the west was quite ominous, and it lightly sprinkling when I went to lunch.  I thought I'd leave my camera in the car, but then I saw a brave butterfly zip past, so I risked taking it with me.  I never saw that butterfly again (possible Eastern Pine Elfin), but I did see an Eastern-Tailed Blue and a nice variety of birds, too.

Eastern Kingbird

He was very unhappy with my parking choice and flew down to tell me as soon as I got out of the car.

Song Sparrow


Warbling Vireo (warbling)


Ruby-Throated Hummingbird


Baltimore Oriole

He sure showed up well against the grey skies!


Eastern Tailed Blue


Another view of the "teens"


Tufted Titmice

They were fluttering around their nest, but it was on a branch hanging over the water, so I couldn't get a view of it.

Rain, rain, go away!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment