Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wellesley College nature

I heard about "wildflower meadows" on Wellesley College's campus, so I thought I'd drive over and check it out.  Wellesley College outdoor gardens are open to the public.  The meadows that I walked around today were not even part of the botanic gardens.  I'll have to return for another visit is in order to explore the official gardens.  I have a feeling, though, that visiting now ~~before the students return~~ probably resulted in a lot more nature than when the full student body is on campus.

 Monarch

Painted Lady


Least Skipper

 Song Sparrow

 Blue Dasher

 Slaty Skimmer

Baltimore Oriole (male)

In an attempt to get closer to the Baltimore Oriole, I stumbled upon two does and two fawns in the meadow!






Double vision!



Blue Jay

 Painted Lady

Goldfinch (male)

Monarch on thistle


No comments:

Post a Comment