Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Evening at Tower Hill Botanic Garden

Since the local irruption (population explosion) of Painted Lady butterflies, I have become less enthusiastic at seeing them.  Seeing 10-20 at a time, every day, for over a week made me somewhat immune to their charm.  Also, they are not as fresh as when the irruption first started.  Most are starting to show wear, with nicks or bites out of their wings.

Tonight, after work, I headed over to Tower Hill Botanic Garden.  They are open late on Wednesdays through September.  In the Secret Garden, there was one Painted Lady on Autumn Sedum.  Something about the soft color combination of this fall flower with the butterfly really appealed to me.


I enjoyed the play of the evening light on the gardens.







 Raven






No comments:

Post a Comment