Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Another Migration

It's that time of year when you have to get out of bed early and try to see the warblers that are passing through on their way to Central or South America.  I only wish I recognized them!  Breakneck Hill Conservation Land had lots of bird activity this morning once the sun warmed up the treetops.

 Red-Tailed Hawk (I'm assuming)

 Quick little glimpses and flashes of yellow.
I know there were warblers all through this tree.
They will remain a mystery for another year.




 Cedar Waxwing and his friend House Finch

 Yellow Warbler

 Northern Flicker

 Eastern Bluebird

 Mourning Dove

 Black-and-White Warbler
Horrible record shot!

 Eastern Phoebe

Black Hawks!
(Apparently Medal of Honor recipients had a variety of activities around Mass today and were traveling by helicopter)


At lunch, I went over to Heirloom Harvest CSA in hopes of spotting at least one of the Dickcissels that have been reported there.  No luck in that department, but I did see the following:

Indigo Bunting (I think)

 Common Yellowthroat

 Monarch (one of 4 seen)

and another

No comments:

Post a Comment