Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Usual Suspects

50 degrees with sunshine

I had to walk at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land again.  I had thought to go to Waseeka but couldn't bear the idea of walking in the shady, cool woods on such a spring-like day.  I wanted sunshine and warm breezes!  I got them!

If you wished for a day when you could be surrounded by Eastern Bluebirds, today was it.  They were everywhere.  There was no sign of the red fox today.

I saw all of the usual suspects typically seen at BHCL:

American Goldfinch
American Robin
Black-Capped Chickadee
Eastern Bluebird
European Starlings
House Sparrow
Northern Flicker
Northern Mockingbird
Red Bellied Woodpecker
Red Tailed Hawk
Tufted Titmouse
White-Breasted Nuthatch

distant view of Northern Flicker (click to enlarge)

Eastern Bluebird

Red-Tailed Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment