Thursday, January 9, 2014

Farm Pond

I walked at Farm Pond in Framingham today.  I thought I might get lucky and see a Bald Eagle.  Two eagles had been reported there not too long ago.  No luck in that department.  I did find a protected cove filled with Mallards.


I also saw at least 10 Blue Jays, 20+ American Robins, 100+ European Starlings, a couple Northern Flickers, a Red-Bellied Woodpecker, a Tufted Titmouse, and, of course, the dozens of Mute Swans that reside in the pond.  They are settled in one small section of open (not frozen) water right in the middle of the pond.  I chatted briefly with another woman hiking around the pond, taking pictures.  It was nice to be out in the fresh air, but this walk was kind of disappointing compared to yesterday's with the red fox and Eastern Bluebirds!

American Robin

Northern Flicker (female)

No comments:

Post a Comment