Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Looking Back: 3Q2015

New Butterflies:

Acadian Hairstreak
Red-Banded Hairstreak
Southern Cloudywing

My butterfly list to date for 2015 stands at 65, with the above new butterflies added to my life list!  My yard list for 2015 has slowly ticked up to 12.




New Places:

Attleboro Springs Wildlife Sanctuary, Attleboro, MA
Bristol Blake State Reservation, Norfolk, MA
Dinosaur Footprints, Holyoke, MA
Habitat Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, Belmont, MA
Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation, So. Deerfield, MA
Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary, Attleboro, MA
Rachel Carson National Wildlife Sanctuary, Wells, ME
Squantum Point Park, Quincy, MA
Thuya Garden, Northeast Harbor, ME
Wild Gardens of Acadia, Acadia National Park, ME

Great list this quarter!  I'm really glad that I keep pushing myself to see new places!

New Birds:

Cory's Shearwater
Dickcissel

My bird list to date for 2015 stands at 205 (my first time breaking 200 in a single year!), with the above new birds added to my life list !  My yard list for 2015 has slowly ticked up to 44. 

Favorite Photos:



















Biggest Surprise:

I didn't really have any big surprises this quarter, but finding Rose Pogonia and Sundew along the trail at Jordan Pond in Acadia National Park was definitely a pleasant surprise!








2 comments: