Thursday, September 10, 2015

Beating the Rain at BHCL

I took an early morning walk at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  Rain was predicted, and clouds were already moving into the area at 6:30AM.  It sprinkled a bit during my walk, but I otherwise got a good walk in before the heavy rain and dark skies that came later.


 Bobolink

House Wren

Besides this, I also saw several American Redstarts, House Finches, a bunch of Blue Jays mobbing a poor immature Red-Tailed Hawk that couldn't figure out how to give them the slip, a Northern Flicker, Mourning Doves, a Gray Catbird, some American Goldfinches, a flock of European Starlings and a flock of House Sparrows.

Yesterday, in my yard, the Northern Cardinals were enjoying the wild grapes.

Northern Cardinal


It's looking more and more like Autumn around here.  I'm not sure I'm ready for it just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment