Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lunchtime at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

It was overcast and threatening rain, but I wanted to walk anyway, so I took my rain bag for my camera and a jacket for myself and headed over to Breakneck Hill.  I squeezed a nice hike in without any rain!

I saw a pretty good variety of butterflies and birds, considering the weather:


Eastern Tailed Blue 12
Orange Sulphur 3
Pecks Skipper 5
Common Wood Nymph 3
Black Swallowtail 3
Common Ringlet 2
Clouded Sulphur 1

Mourning Dove 1
Red-Winged Blackbird 3
Eastern Bluebird 2
House Sparrow 5
Chipping Sparrow X
American Goldfinch 2
Northern Mockingbird 1
Barn Swallow 2

Common Wood Nymph




Black Swallowtail
(Odd - this one was in almost the same spot in the trail as another one a few days ago.)



Again


Queen Anne's Lace, post bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment