Friday, July 5, 2013

Butterflies at Wachusett Meadow

I braved the blazing heatwave for a walk through the upper and lower meadows at Wachusett Meadow.  I circled the upper meadow, then the lower meadow, and then one final time around the upper meadow and then I was drenched with sweat and ready to call it quits.

The upper meadow is just filled with milkweed!  It's a butterfly paradise!



Mourning Cloak


Striped Hairstreak


Hobomok Skipper


Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


again...


Dun Skipper


European Skipper


Little Glassywings


Great Spangled Fritillary


2 for 1
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (center) and Silver-Spotted Skipper (lower right)


Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


I made a quick pit stop at Tower Hill Botanic Garden on the way home (as long as I was passing that exit).

  Great Spangled Fritillary


Silver-Spotted Skipper


Calico Pennant



No comments:

Post a Comment