Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Butterflies at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

The sun came out right around lunchtime, so I took a quick hike over at Breakneck Hill and saw lots of nice butterflies.

Little Glassywing (lower left) and Silver Spotted Skipper



Banded Hairstreak


Pearl Crescent


Pearl Crescent



Orange Sulphur



Fritillary species.....very tattered



Little Glassywing (I think)


Little Wood Satyr


Little Glassywing (I think)



Little Glassywing



Black Swallowtail (male)


Great Spangled Fritillary

These are the ones that I was able to photograph!  There were several Black Swallowtails flitting about and more than 12 Common Wood Nymphs that never wanted to land, but flew among the grasses and along the trail's edge.  I love butterfly season!  It's so fun to see what's flying about!  

No comments:

Post a Comment