Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday birding

I started the day off with a nice view of the moon at Hopkinton State Park.



I then checked Sudbury Reservoir at Parkerville Road.  There was a small group of ducks sleeping in the reservoir, but of course, they woke right up as I approached and took off for safer places.

 Hooded Mergansers


Ring-Necked Ducks

The reservoir on the western side of Middle Road must get a lot more shade, because it was still partially frozen.  

Hooded Mergansers (2 pairs)


Canada Geese


During my lunch hour, I stopped at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary in Hopkinton.  I wanted to check if the Ospreys had returned yet.  No sight of them, but the scenery was just beautiful with blue skies reflecting in the water and big, beautiful clouds above the tree line.



I almost missed this Red-Tailed Hawk as it flew by directly overhead.






Monet would have liked the water today, even without water lilies.


The main trail

Note:  The entrance to the parking lot is much wider now because the tree on the right side must have been damaged during the winter and has been cut away.  It always seemed like just inches of clearance on either side of the car mirrors before!







No comments:

Post a Comment