Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cushing Memorial Park

Yesterday, I took a lunchtime walk at Cushing.  A paved trail provides a route for pedestrians, dog walkers, and kids on scooters and bikes around the park.  I wasn't halfway up the 2nd side when I stepped directly into a large pile of soft dog poop -- right on the paved path!  After that, my mood darkened considerably.  The large lawn area struck me as a vast wasteland that wasn't supporting any wildlife, I didn't see any birds of interest, and I was generally disappointed and disgusted.  At every remaining patch of snow, I scraped my shoe again and again.

For most people, it was a beautiful, sunny, warm day, the first of its kind.  A sign that Spring was near.

I just couldn't get over that disgusting dog poop.


 Black-Capped Chickadee



Mourning Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment