Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Morning at Great Meadows NWR

I attended an Easter Sunrise service in Framingham (outdoors!) in 31 degree temps and then headed on to Great Meadows NWR for a quick walk.  It's an absolutely beautiful day today!

Red-Winged Blackbird (male)


Hooded Merganser (male)


Hooded Merganser pair


Ring-Necked Ducks


This is the kind of "noise" I like to hear while visiting a sanctuary!


Ring-Necked Ducks
See one is showing his burnt colored ringed neck (the one looking towards the camera)


Ring-Necked Duck pair


Muskrat


Gorgeous!





Wood Duck pair


Common Grackle


Eastern Bluebird

I'm sorry to say that the Eastern Bluebird pair that I spotted were being treated very poorly by the grackles and the red-winged blackbirds.  If I were an Eastern Bluebird, I would find somewhere else to live.  They were being chased high and low.


Canada goose


Canada geese are not my favorite subjects, as I've said before.  But the water was so calm today that it made a nice reflection and the ripples were all from the goose paddling through the water.  I thought it made a pretty picture.

 Muskrats


Red-Winged Blackbird



Hooded Merganser pair


No comments:

Post a Comment