Saturday, March 16, 2013

Drumlin Farm

I went to Drumlin Farm today in hopes of seeing the baby lambs.  I saw them, but they were so  guarded by their mothers and inside closed pens, that I could not get any good photos.   Guess this means I'll have to go back again, when they are more independent and running around on their own!  Click here if you want to see my baby animal photos from 2012!

Drumlin Farm was crowded!  Most people were there for the farm animals, so after visiting the Crossroads Barn (where the lambs were), I walked through the fields and up to the top of the drumlin and then down the pipeline trail.  Here are the highlights:

The view west - from the drumlin


Sap's running
(Maple syrup was for sale at the Visitor Center)


Eastern Bluebird


Northern Mockingbird


 Loved this tree trunk!


 And this one too!


Red-Breasted Nuthatch


Red-Tailed Hawk



No comments:

Post a Comment