Friday, February 8, 2013

Yard Birds

The snowstorm started around 9:30 this morning, so by noontime, I didn't feel like driving any where to look for birds.  In preparation for the storm, we refilled the black sunflower seed feeder, the nyger thistle feeder and put out a new suet feeder.  So, I hoped there would be enough bird activity at home.

Here are the highlights:

American Robin

As soon as I started my lunch hour, I noticed an American Robin "walking" up my snowy front steps.  It then flew to the railing and then attempted to land on my decorative red apple/berry wreath.  It must have thought the berries were real.  Sorry, robin!

Carolina Wren

Winter in the wetlands

Winter "Flowers"

Black-Capped Chickadee


White-Breasted Nuthatch

Carolina Wren and Northern Cardinal


No comments:

Post a Comment