Thursday, February 21, 2013

Farm Pond

I took a walk this morning at Farm Pond.  It was a beautiful day, although still windy.  There were a few people out - one dog walker, one father and his sledding daughter (who also walked on the ice at the edge of the pond), and two ice fishermen who walked way too close to the open water.  They did not look safe at all, but they both survived!


Here is a sampling of the birds I saw:

Mute Swan - sitting on the ice
Made me think he was dreaming of spring

Ring-Billed Gull

The dog walker threw some bread onto the ice, which attracted quite a few Ring-Billed Gulls.





Red-Tailed Hawk


I was amazed how close to the open water these two ice fisherman were.....I kept expecting one of them to disappear....


A mixed group of Mute Swans and Canada Geese at the end of the open water.....nothing terribly exciting from a birding point of view.



No comments:

Post a Comment