Monday, February 25, 2013

Wild Turkeys

The snow continued into the night last night and this morning, everything was coated in white.



Hopkinton State Park was closed this morning, due to the snow, so I headed over to the Gristmill in Sudbury.







Mary-Martha Chapel

On the way home, I stopped at the Sudbury Reservoir Trail on Parkerville Road in Southboro to check the water there.  There was a pair of Hooded Mergansers, but they were not too cooperative and disappeared shortly after I stopped.

 Hooded Mergansers


Northern Cardinal (male)

 Wild Turkeys

On the way home, I had a surprise sighting when I stopped at the intersection of Parkerville Road and Route 30.  These turkeys were right next to the road, almost within reach from the car.  Luckily, I still had my camera out and snapped this photo through the passenger window.  




No comments:

Post a Comment