Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lunch Hike at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary

I love walking on soft woodland paths that are layered with pine needles.  Pine needles were actually raining down quite heavily in the wind.  I love the way they make it easy to walk quietly, be one with the woods, and possibly get closer to wildlife since they don't hear you coming.  I haven't started wearing camouflage yet, but it tempts me occasionally.  I love sneaking around and blending in!  


And how can you beat this view at the end of the path?



Eastern Painted Turtle


Shadow Darner

Autumn Meadowhawk


Eastern Phoebe



Pine Warbler

again


Chipmunk







2 comments:

  1. Good stuff -- I love that Darner, and the Oak leaves, the reflection shot, and that last photo of what I think is Poison-sumac (Toxicodendron vernix).

    ReplyDelete