Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day Trip to Ogunquit

Ogunquit, Maine, one of my favorite summer destinations.  Ogunquit means "a beautiful place by the sea", and it is aptly named.

Here is a sampling of photos from my day.

My first stop was the gardens at Stonewall Kitchens, just off Route 95.  Not even sure if this is in Ogunquit, but it's on my way.



Silver-Spotted Skipper



 Blue Dasher



Next, I walked The Marginal Way, enjoying the flower gardens at the beach end and looking for butterflies.



Black Swallowtail

 Cedar Waxwing


Gray Catbird


And a visit to my favorite garden next to Barnacle Billy's in Perkins Cove:



After enjoying a lobster roll and clam chowder at Barnacle Billys, we took a beautiful afternoon cruise aboard the Silverlining.


Northern Gannet


Double-Crested Cormorants


Returning to the Cove

A beautiful summer day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment