Monday, March 9, 2015

Mixed Bag

Today didn't seem to have a theme or a place holding the photos together.  I saw three deer in the backyard this morning, and I suspect they are still enjoying feeding frenzies at my sunflower seed feeder (but only when I am not looking).  I haven't caught them at it yet.   I filled it again today, and I bet it'll be empty in the morning again.

I did have a nice variety of yard birds including Eastern Bluebirds, Pine Siskins, American Robin, Tufted Titmouse, White-Breasted Nuthatch, Black-Capped Chickadee, House Finch, American Goldfinch, Downy Woodpecker, and Dark-Eyed Junco.

Eastern Bluebird

 Downy Woodpecker

I walked at Wildwood Cemetery in Ashland at lunch.  I heard a White-Breasted Nuthatch, saw three Blue Jays and a couple Dark-Eyed Juncos, but that was it, and not a single one cooperated for photos.


Black-Capped Chickadee in the wind
(back at home)

After work, I checked Rural Cemetery in Southboro for owls.  Wishful thinking, I guess.  The only bird I saw was this Mourning Dove.

 Mourning Dove at sunset

Sunset on the snow

I am hoping we are done with snowstorms for this winter, and that this is the last of our snow, so I was willing to take a shot of it reflecting the setting sun.  Goodbye, snow.  Or should I say good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment