Monday, August 25, 2014

Nature Walk in my Own Yard

My car was in the shop today, so I had to be content with whatever I could find around my own yard.  Lucky for me, there was plenty waiting to be discovered.

Northern Caddisfly

Prairie Meadow Katydid

 a late season daylily

my very own Gray Tree Frog!!!

I walked down the driveway and looked through the tree branches into the brook.  There was a bird down there that was about to drink some water, so I was watching and waiting to take photos.  Next thing I knew, it flew off....watch the video to see why!


Great Spangled Fritillary

Red-Spotted Purple

Someone was hunting near the garden.....cross eyed kitty

Round Bullet Gall 
(and the wasp has already departed through that hole)

Large Maple Spanworm Moth

Finally, at the end of the driveway, there was a very small puddle that was being used as a bird bath by an American Goldfinch.  I just had to add some background music!







No comments:

Post a Comment