Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gray Day at Breakneck Hill

It's the calm before the storm.   The sky is heavy with gray clouds, but it is relatively warm.  I walked at Breakneck Hill at lunch and enjoyed a small selection of birds.

The bluebirds were particularly chattery today and were flying through the Town Woods which abut Breakneck Hill.  I'm not sure why they were so noisy, but it was the first time I've heard them making these sounds, and I have seen them quite a few times.

Eastern Bluebird


Golden Crowned Kinglet
(had to adjust the lighting on the computer for the bird to show up)

Northern Mockingbird

I just love capturing the bird mid-mouthful.  This is my favorite shot of the outing!

Also seen:  

Black-Capped Chickadee
Blue Jay
Dark-Eyed Junco (often being chased by the Eastern Bluebirds)
Downy Woodpecker
Mallard (fly by)
Northern Flicker
Tufted Titmouse
White Breasted Nuthatch

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you like it! That was the first group of butterflies I saw puddling. Prior to it, I had only ever seen one.

      Delete