Saturday, October 26, 2013

Frosty Fall Day

It was near freezing this morning, and I figured it would be a pretty, frosty start to the day before the sun warmed things up.  I had planned to sleep in, but I couldn't so off I went to Hopkinton State Park.


Dark-Eyed Junco


 Song Sparrow


Followed by a quick walk at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land....

 House Finch


Chipping Sparrow

After a short break at home, I drove over to Longfellow's Wayside Inn in Sudbury, where they were re-enacting the Battle of the Red Horse Tavern.




 Fife & Drum Music

 Artillery Demo (tee hee)

I do not like loud noises.  Therefore, I am not cut out to photograph re-enactments, particularly artillery demonstrations.  Every time they shot this canon, I jumped about a foot in the air.  That's how I got the above photo.  I did press the button when I jumped!


I got lucky with that one.  Still jumped!


My friend Linda Greene, cleaning her weapon and preparing for battle (in amber dress center)










Walking back to my car, I spotted these two little colonial girls dropping fall leaves into the stream.


Once I got far enough away from the gunfire, I started seeing birds again!

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

White-Throated Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment