Thursday, October 17, 2013

Back to Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

OK.  I suppose I should go somewhere else.  But, Breakneck Hill is close.  It's convenient.  There was a monarch there yesterday.  Need I say more?

House Sparrow (female)

Ruby-Crowned Kinglet giving me a beady eye

Song Sparrow

White-Throated Sparrow

What goldenrod is still in bloom is VERY popular.



Celery Looper Moth (1 of 2)






If the cow on the right is an Oreo Cow, what is the cow on the left?
Both are Belted Galloways

Northern Mockingbird

Clouded Sulphur (1 of 3 seen)

House Finch (male)

I believe the above photo shows a House Finch that is suffering from avian conjunctivitis, a common disease among finches.  If it advances enough, the finch will end up blind and die from starvation or predation due to the blindness. 

This is the same finch.  This eye looks ok for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment