Monday, December 3, 2012

Birding at Chestnut Hill Farm

I haven't visited Chestnut Hill Farm since February!  So, it was time for another stop there.  Just a quick hike to the woods and back during my lunch break.  I like the look of this path that takes you through the fields.  



Saw this hawk off in the distance....



As soon as I entered the woods, I scared off a good-sized flock of Dark-Eyed Juncos. 

Dark-Eyed Junco

Next, I saw a Goldfinch enjoying a fruity lunch.

American Goldfinch  (male)


Messy eater!


From a birding perspective, the woods were pretty quiet.  I was hoping for something more exciting!  2012 is coming to a close, and I am still trying to add to my bird list!

It was windy, and some of the trees were really creaking, but the birds were quiet.

White-Breasted Nuthatch


American Robins

Black-Capped Chickadee




No comments:

Post a Comment