Sunday, December 16, 2012

Today's Birds

It's dark and grey and was 32 degrees when I went out this morning to poke around and see what I could find.  This is the type of photography that I need to learn how to do still.  Not enough light for my usual settings.....so I don't have too many good photos.

I stopped first at Wildwood Cemetery in Ashland and had a nice view of Tom Turkey.

Wild Turkey

Next stop was a small pond in Framingham that I haven't been to in almost a year.  I saw a nice group of Hooded Mergansers there, as well as some distant Ring-Necked Ducks.

Hooded Mergansers


Ring-Necked Ducks

Last stop was a visit to the Wellesley College campus.  I haven't been there since butterfly season.  It was COLD, but there was a crabapple tree (I think) that was attracting all kinds of birds to it:  American Robins, European Starlings, Cedar Waxwings, Song Sparrows, House Sparrows and a couple American Goldfinches.   If only there would have been a little more sunlight!

Song Sparrow


Dark-Eyed Juncos



American Robin



Cedar Waxwings





By now my hands were ice cold, and I was ready for a cup of coffee.  Not a bad start to a dark day, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment