Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wildwood Birds

It was rainy and cold after work today, and George thought I was crazy when he saw me with my camera bag in hand.  I convinced him to come out for a ride, so we drove through Wildwood Cemetery in Ashland together.


Song Sparrow

Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker (male)

We saw lots of flickers, but very few of them were cooperative subjects.  Even though this photo is blurry, I like how the yellow tail feathers are showing up so nicely.

George saw a bird looking out of the hole on the left.  Too bad, this tree and the one next to it are both sickly and have been marked with a fluorescent orange "X" to be cut down.  Wish they could wait until nesting season is over.

Tom made an appearance!  

Beautiful male cardinal giving us the evil eye!


No comments:

Post a Comment