Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mill Pond Park

Today I drove down to Mill Pond Park in Ashland to check on bird activity there.  Pretty much a big zero.  There's not much to this park:  a couple benches, warning signs not to eat the fish from the Sudbury River, and a couple of less than inspiring waterfalls.

 There were some pretty daffodils gracing the park sign.


I did see a great blue heron flying overhead.  They always look like pterodactyls to me.

If you haven't seen the video that circulated yesterday from the great blue heron nest cam, check it out here.  The mother GBH was attacked by a great horned owl.  It's very dramatic footage compared to the usual video!


Since this stop was such a dud, I had to make a quick stop at the cemetery in hopes of seeing something worth photographing.  The tree swallows were back, and they both roosted in a tree near me and spent several minutes preening.



No comments:

Post a Comment