Friday, February 27, 2015

Today's Backyard Birds

I had about 5 inches of sunflowers seeds left in my tube feeder last night, and this morning it was completely empty.  This was the last visitor I saw shortly after 5PM last night.  With any bumping and tipping,  the seed can be knocked out of this feeder pretty easily, and I suspect the deer emptied it.


That could get very expensive fast.  So, I will have to bring my feeder in at  night until they find some food somewhere else.  Since that feeder was empty, the thistle feeder was getting more attention than usual, and I was happy to see two Pine Siskins among the American Goldfinch.



I've only seen one Carolina Wren since I returned from our break in Florida.  I haven't heard any singing, either, so either the male died, or he has just been very quiet.


A late entrant to the puffy bird contest?

No!  That was just a bad angle.  (Or...is this a second bird?)

American Goldfinch

Northern Cardinal

Eastern Bluebird (male)

Eastern Bluebird (female)

busy birds

busy deer

No new snow today!  That's cause for celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment