Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gordon River Greenway Park

Our first morning in Naples we took a walk at the Gordon River Greenway Park.


Downy Woodpecker

Suddenly, there was a blast of orange flying across the trail!

Gulf Fritillary (my first!)
What a gorgeous species!

Anhinga (life bird)
Our friend Tony spotted this right next to the boardwalk.

Near the Visitor Center, I saw a white butterfly flying close to the ground.  Having learned my lesson in Alaska that not all white butterflies are Cabbage Whites, I followed it until I could get a closer look at it, and voila!  A White Peacock Butterfly!  Another first!

White Peacock butterfly

Brown Anole
(non-native species introduced to FL from Cuba and the Bahamas; now resides across the state)

Muscovy Duck
(ick)


No comments:

Post a Comment