Friday, September 19, 2014

Pied-Billed Grebe at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary

I spent my lunch hour today hiking at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary in Hopkinton.  Temps were only in the 50s, but it was a beautiful, sunny, feels-like-Fall kind of day.  A perfect day for a hike in the woods!



 Indian Pipe

At the intersection of a couple of trails, the trees suddenly became very birdy.  There were multiple Black-Capped Chickadees, multiple thrushes (variety unknown), and the following mystery bird, of which I think there were several as well.

 today's mystery migrating bird

again (in case this helps you recognize it)

 just a few water lily blooms remain among the now yellowing foliage

Eastern Phoebes
You take the bugs on that side; I'll take this side!

Pied-Billed Grebe

Eastern Painted Turtle
(It was a beautiful day for basking in the sun.)



Don't you just love all the flora that is growing out of this rotting tree trunk?

 Gorgeous!

 more Eastern Painted Turtles

Eastern Phoebe

I sure feel like I type the word "Eastern" a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment