Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mottled Darner at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary

I started out the day at Hopkinton State Park.  There was beautiful mist lifting off the water, but it was shifting so fast, that between the time I drove past the water, turned into the access road and parked and walked to the water's edge, most of the mist had lifted.  Unbelievable!




Next, I briefly stopped at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  I didn't see any migrating warblers, but I did see some migrating White Throated Sparrows.

 Chipmunk

 White-Throated Sparrow

 Eastern Phoebe

Northern Mockingbird

I took my lunch break at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary in Hopkinton.

Autumn Meadowhawk

Eastern Forktail

Eastern Painted Turtle


 Eastern Phoebe

 Eastern Bluebird

 Pearl Crescent

 Mottled Darner
(Gratitude goes to Denis D. on Northeast Odonata FB Page for the ID)



No comments:

Post a Comment