Saturday, January 18, 2014

Red Fox in the Snow

The weather really messed up my plans today.  We had rain/snow most of the morning, and then it switched over to wet heavy snow that accumulated quite quickly starting about 12:30.   At this point, I went over to take a walk at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  I had a baggie for my camera, my baseball cap with a winter hat over it and the rest of my "normal" winter gear.  There was one other set of footprints, but no one in sight.

I found the red fox in the back meadow.  We never really got too near each other, but I did enjoy watching it hunt (jumping in the air and then pouncing nose-first into the ground).  The photos don't do it justice, but do show how heavy our snowstorm was.  I was surprised to find about 2 inches of snow on the brim of my baseball cap when I got back to the car!  I should have taken a photo of that!!

You may have to click on these photos and enlarge them in order to see the fox!!







No comments:

Post a Comment