Saturday, January 4, 2014

Checking Several Winter Birding Spots

I tried for a Bald Eagle at Farm Pond this morning, but I had to be content with three Red-Tailed hawks, about a dozen Blue Jays, a fewTufted Titmice, two White-Breasted Nuthatch, a Dark-Eyed Junco, two Northern Flickers, Mute Swans, and a Song Sparrow.  I didn't feel this was too bad of an outcome since I didn't venture too far from the parking lot due to the snow.

Red-Tailed Hawk

Song Sparrow

This afternoon I thought I'd check out the crabapple trees in the country club parking lot in West Boylston.  Last year I had good luck here.  I found a nice flock of Cedar Waxwings, European Starlings and a couple of American Robins.

Cedar Waxwing



I was within 10 miles of the Worcester Airport so I headed over before the sun went down to see if I could find any interesting birds.  I found a small flock of Snow Buntings hanging out on a big pile of plowed snow at the end of the long-term parking lot.  They are so cute!


 Snow Bunting

Snow Buntings

No comments:

Post a Comment